At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Reporting Solutions Operations Metrics & Reporting Analyst II
The Operations Metrics & Reporting Analyst is responsible for developing, monitoring, and analyzing key performance indicators for all operational areas, including measures such as volume / throughput, processing times, quality, and customer satisfaction. The role will work directly with the Assistant Director of Reporting Solutions to overhaul the data strategy for our Core Servicing Area and deliver on our commitment to provide a unified scorecard to all staff within the Service Center. They will help drive optimization of the operational reporting function while ensuring high quality service to the organization.
This role will focus support on automation and development of reporting/scorecards in environments with limited data and/or with more difficult data availability. Understanding how operational tools store and use data will be critical to properly extract, simplify, and visualize operational and employee performance.
- Build repeatable and automated reporting processes and reporting packages to empower both leaders and front-line representatives with critical operational data related to performance, strategy, and execution.
- Develop and maintain standardized operational reports, dashboards, and data sources to monitor overall organizational health, data integrity, and other key objectives and performance indicators.
- Consult with VPs, Directors, and Managers on the proper visualization of relevant KPIs.
- Supports the development and continuous execution of our organizational scorecard strategy.
- Works with data engineering teams on the effort to centralize data into a unified data platform.
- Monitor and share fluctuations in business critical KPIs with executive leadership.
- Support ongoing analysis of business performance to inform executive decisions.
- Collect, analyze, evaluate, and report data to track sales performance and metrics.
- Partner closely with leadership and stakeholders to provide ad-hoc analysis in support of strategic projects and initiatives.
- Work closely with counterparts on execution of the annual plan.
- Collaborate cross-functionally within the Operations organization to ensure consistent reporting standards and processes.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams on analysis of specific product lines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Mathematics, Finance or another quantitative or related subject
- 5+ years experience in a data analytics, data visualization, and/or leadership facing role using data to influence business decisions/strategy
- 5+ years advanced experience with SQL, SSIS, and visualization software such as Tableau and/or PowerBI
- Knowledge of VBA and/or other automation software used to automate reporting
- Experience identifying problems and using quantitative and qualitative analytical strategies to measure the effectiveness of programs, interventions, and effort
- Strong analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to present complex data in easy to digest business terms to a wide range of professionals - from peers to executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups