At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
**This position can be 100% remote**
We are looking for an ambitious and hardworking software engineer to join the Field Rewards team at Northwestern Mutual. You will be building software that delivers value to our field force. The ideal candidate has a strong grasp of modern languages such as Java, node.js, or Python. Engineers at NM are empowered to pick the right tools and technology stack to fit their needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in CS or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience working with modern engineering tools, languages and practices
- Ability to analyze, design, develop, deploy and support client facing web applications and services.
- Strong sense of ownership and the drive to seek cross-team projects.
- Effective communication skills: explain technical solutions to both engineering and non-technical teammates.
- Great teammate: brings out the best in fellow engineers and works well with product owners and designers.
- Demonstrate a continuous learning mentality
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge of modern programming language: Java
- Writing & consuming RESTful APIs
- Automated testing: unit, integration, regression
- Proficient in modern software design and development methodologies
Preferred Skills (not required):
- Messaging technologies like IBM MQ, Kafka, Mule
- CI/CD experience
- Career growth opportunities
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- 100% Paid Parental Leave
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Onsite amenities include – free state of the art professionally managed gym, full free cafeteria, concierge service, health clinic, Starbucks, Collectivo, just to name a few.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups