At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Are you looking for a role with a huge interpersonal impact? Northwestern Mutual is looking for a hardworking Full-Stack Engineer to work with team members to build front-end and back-end applications to meet business needs
- Apply engineering best practices in order to analyze, design, develop, deploy and maintain software/monitoring solutions to drive strong performance and high availability to meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Build front-end UI’s that connect to backend systems to visualize and harmonize with vital Site Reliability Engineering Service Level Indicators and other data points for the enterprise
- Advocate for technology needs of users, provide a presence in business areas, proactive monitoring for business issues, and support cross-team engagement for resolutions of issues
- Support effortless customer experience and effective use of Self Service, Community, and Knowledge Management for users, front-line support, and our teams.
- Leverage relationships with Development, Infrastructure, Product, and other Application Support partners to deliver and improve effectiveness and efficiency.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- 1-3 years of professional experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field OR a significant amount of directly-related work experience
High proficiency / 3+ years experience:
- Node JS run time and JS libraries such as React JS
- API design and development
- Back-end API deployment in Python based web frameworks
Has experience / 1+ years experience:
- CICD Tools - Gitlab/Jenkins
- Containerization; Docker, Kubernetes
- Automation - Python
- Professional operations
- Software engineering
- Debugging, analysis
- Testing and software documentation experience
- Presenting thoughts/ideas/suggestions to collaborators
- Site Reliability Engineering concepts like SLI/SLO, and Error Budgets
- Knowledge of Operations and Customer Service processes and workflows
- Agile methodologies
- Working in a large enterprise (1000+ people)
Beyond base salary, NM offers the following benefits; pension, 401k, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision, FREE lunch, annual bonus opportunity, and much more!#LI-Post
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups