At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
* Delivers a personalized and remarkable experience for our clients by answering their questions, providing servicing options and helping them with their products or services in a call center environment
* If applicable, studying and obtaining required FINRA licenses
* Becoming proficient at resolving inquiries and transactions from Financial Reps and clients on basic and intermediate (semi-complex) level calls and transactions in a Registered area.
* Researches and evaluates possible solutions to semi-complex problems that requires identifying root cause and some deviations from procedures
* Takes ownerships of calls and begins to anticipate future issues to avoid repeat calls and unnecessary call transfers
* Ability to de-escalate client experience situations and able to apply skills learned in Effortless Experience training (CEB) to all situations
* Serves as a trusted advocate for our Financial Representatives and partners with them to meet the needs of our clients
* Embraces new technology, educates clients and Financial Representatives on our client website and self-service capabilities and understands risks and impacts that the transaction has on the client or policy
*Embraces change by keeping an open mind to new ideas, and readily adjusts to new or changing processes.
* Embraces continuous improvement by identifying opportunities for improvement
* Fosters a professional relationship with our clients to enhance brand loyalty
* Handles phone and transactional responsibilities while adhering to strict confidentiality and privacy standards
* Able to multi-task between phone and casework/transactional duties with the high degree of accuracy and quality
Bring your best! What this role needs:
* Associates degree in business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Minimum of 1 year related customer service experience with proven customer service skills
* Basic understanding of Investment or Income products and/or markets (i.e. VA, VL, VUL, Retirement & Business markets)
* Basic understanding of financial planning
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to multi-task and handle high volume of calls/case load with the greatest possible degree of accuracy
* Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
* Ability to welcome change and embrace continuous improvement in a fast-paced work environment
* A strong desire to continuously learn and improve
* Strong problem-solving skills and ability to provide options
* Demonstrated computer experience with solid keyboarding skills and proficiency with current software packages
* Ability to navigate multiple systems and applications to complete standard requests
* Successful completion of any required testing
*Must have or be willing to obtain within 6 months your SIE, FINRA Series 6 and Series 63 licenses.
This position has been classified as a Registered Representative under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting.
Required Certifications:Series 63 - FINRA, Series 6 - FINRA, SIE - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups