At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative, and growing! We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference. Come help us build for the future.
What's the Role?
The University Relations Recruiter will build and complete our campus hiring strategy to proactively grow our intern, entry-level, and early career talent pipelines. They will proactively lead candidate attraction initiatives to position Northwestern Mutual as an employer of choice and distinguish us in the market. This individual will build and establish relationships with internal leaders to collaborate on strategic plans and achieve success metrics at target schools and conferences, and in selected partnerships. The role will regularly work with and report out to the TA and business leadership teams on the metrics/success of the program. A key focus of this role will be expanding the inclusiveness of our early career pipeline.
How You'll Do It:
- Act as a trusted advisor for hiring teams, developing and executing effective, position-specific Talent Acquisition strategies to ensure open positions are filled with high quality talent in a timely fashion
- Be a subject matter expert in talent acquisition but also in university relations, attuned to industry trends, organizational structure, and ongoing business strategy to support business needs
- Manage the full-cycle intern recruiting process with an emphasis on building strong school and hiring manager partnerships and demonstrating candidate advocacy to attract and retain top talent
- Provide an outstanding candidate experience, both internally and externally, throughout the hiring process to promote Northwestern Mutual as a great place to work
- Manage weekly recruiting metrics and reports pertaining to open positions and recruiting operations and use this data to influence hiring and support actionable decision making
- Interview and qualify potential candidates based on the agreed-upon proficiencies, goals, and needs of the business, to hire the best-fit candidate
- Manage the recruitment processes by appropriately supervising statuses within the applicant tracking system to allow for accurate reporting to support overall talent acquisition processes and business goals
- Encourage and support hiring managers as they keep diversity front-of-mind and understand what diversity looks like on their team to build an inclusive and actively anti-racist environment
What You'll Need:
- 3 years experience in University Relations and intern recruiting, preferably within an organization that prioritizes this talent pipeline
- Outstanding written and oral English communication skills
Even Better If You Have:
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to build and sustain solid relationships with a wide range of personalities, perspectives, and skill levels
- Resiliency, resourcefulness, and the ability to rise to a challenge – remain flexible, communicate openly regarding obstacles, and develop creative strategies to overcome those challenges
- Experience recruiting intern/entry level talent
- Experience with the Handshake platform
- Experience with Workday and Yello
Tuition reimbursement, paid time off, paid volunteer days, and caregiver time off. Highly competitive compensation that includes base salary plus bonus Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k) and company pension program
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here (http://careers.northwesternmutual.com/colorado-and-remote-workers-compensation-and-benefits/) for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups