At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
The Closing Analyst is responsible for the closing and administration of mortgage loan modifications for the Real Estate Department including:
- drafting of closing checklists based on an analysis of the modification request
- drafting of legal documentation based on in-depth analysis and legal interpretation of Field Office request
- review and analysis of title insurance and negotiation of acceptable title insurance coverage
- review and analysis of land surveys and negotiation of same, and the review and analysis of corporate organizational documentation.
This person will also-
- Conduct status conference calls with outside parties to discuss and resolve closing issues.
- Coordinate closing requirements with all internal parties.
- Provide appropriate communication to outside Departments via an Investment Change Notification.
- Administration of post-closing Non-disturbance Agreement (NDA) requests.
- Determine the use of outside counsel for select NDA requests and overseeing the work performed by outside counsel.
- Draft STAC template loan application based on analysis of executed loan application and builds a black-line document reflecting negotiated provisions.
- Service existing UCC filings, troubleshooting for errors and inconsistencies and drafts all vital UCC continuations/ amendments on a post-closing basis as needed.
- Perform initial review of incoming letters of credit, evaluating content based on Department standard form. Identifies deviations from standard form, opines on select revisions requested from the submitting banking institution.
- Check acceptability of Bank ratings.
- File and maintain a tracking system of the extension of all mortgage loan and select equity letters of credit, coordinating extensions or releases with the Real Estate Field Offices and third-party banks as requested.
- Handle the processing of all presentments and cashing of letters of credit.
- Draft and finalize loan satisfactions and UCC Termination Statements and responsible for the release of all ancillary loan documentation transmitting same to outside clients/ legal counsel.
- Handle mortgage satisfaction escrow closings on behalf of Department, including preparation and finalization of escrow closing letters and related legal documentation.
- Prepare final original loan documents for execution in compliance with all state laws and files executed originals in the Equity/Note and Mortgage Jackets for safekeeping.
- Update ICON/Access system inputting date of final approval of documents.
- Independently determine approach or action to take in non-routine situations in order to respond to questions/inquires and resolve issues.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of three years of real estate experience.
- Outstanding accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities and work effectively with deadlines and stressful situations.
- Ability to work independently and apply judgment.
- Ability to establish rapport with people inside and outside of the organization and a demonstrated high degree of integrity.
- Paralegal certificate preferred.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups