At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
Northwestern Mutual is seeking a productive React Native Engineer with a solid understanding of Android. We are using Typescript with a number of Third Party Libraries to support our development efforts. We work in a continually growing Agile Environment using the Scrum Methodology.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently codes, tests, debugs, documents and maintains mobile applications and services using established coding standards and methodologies.
- Executes on larger prioritized tasks, writing code, and following standard methodologies.
- Advocates for standard processes including testing, code quality, operations, frameworks, tooling and performance.
- Mentors junior developers.
- Participates in peer code reviews.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 2-3+ years of professional experience
- At least 2 years of professional software engineering, debugging, analysis, and software documentation experience.
- Professional experience deploying and supporting a mobile application in a public app store.
- 2+ years of experience with either Android, iOS and/or cross-platform mobile frameworks.
- Strong development and debugging skills.
- Experience using development patterns on React Native mobile frameworks
- Familiar with mobile architectural patterns and their implementation.
- Intermediate experience with key development languages for either Android, iOS and/or cross-platform mobile frameworks.
- Understanding of how a mobile application fits into the larger system's technology stack.
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.
- Experience with reactive programming.
- Full-stack development experience from front-end to web-services to API design and development.
- Experience working in an Agile development team.
- Proven history of problem solving, skill advancement and delivery of technical responsibilities.
- Collaborative team first environment
- Tons of room for career growth.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups