At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Who We Are : The Public Investments Department within Northwestern Mutual Investment Management Company, LLC (NMIMC) manages the public markets investments of Northwestern Mutual, with more than $100 billion under management in Investment Grade Corporate, Structured Product, Emerging Market, High Yield Corporate, Government, Municipal, and related Derivative assets.
Internship Role and Responsibilities :
- Participate in the day-to-day investment processes of one or more credit investment management teams
- Assist in the creation and presentation of market, industry and company outlooks and company-specific forecast models and recommendations
- Participate in asset class, industry strategy, company-specific communications and investment/portfolio position meetings with company management teams and Wall Street research analysts, strategists, and economists.
- Assist Senior Analysts, Portfolio Managers and Traders with ad-hoc projects
- Anticipated graduation date between December 2024 and June 2025 in a Master of Business Administration or Master of Science program in Finance, Investments or similar concentration
- Passion for the art and science of investing
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Desire to be challenged
- Motivation to learn
Desirable qualifications :
- Relevant work experience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (particularly Excel)
- Statistics/data analysis coursework and/or experience
- Web scraping and other programming coursework and/or experience
- Experience with Bloomberg
The expected pay range for this position is $40.00 - $50.00 per hour
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Please note that this is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups