At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is our technology and ensuring we deliver high quality digital products. The Enterprise Shared Services (ESS) function is at the forefront of working across the enterprise to achieve high quality and thoroughly tested digital products the company and our clients expects and deserves. You’ll be part of a team within the Business Operations Department, leading strategic priorities that deliver the outcomes and objectives.
As a Project Manager, you will work with different teams focused on non-prod infrastructure and test environment programs and projects. You will have the opportunity to gain a strong understanding of our business, while leading people through our project life cycle ensuring projects are on target and transparent with status, issues, and risks.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts analysis to identify the scope and nature of a business and/or system problem. Responsible for accomplishing the stated project objectives through key project management responsibilities that include building the project requirements and managing timelines and risks
- Accountable for the monitoring of day-to-day progress, execution, management and closure of an individual project
- Identifies alternative options in the development and improvements for new policies and processes.
- Responsible to handle project risk through the development, maintenance and revision of reports and tracking tools.
- Using approved methodologies uses all available tools to identify potential problems before they occur.
- Understands the key business drivers as they relate to the projects. Adapts to the various internal procedures and forms close links with the business partner representatives, ensuring that the key issues of cost, time, scope and above all, client happiness, can be realized.
- Explains information and persuades others in straightforward situations.
- Optimally interact, negotiate and influence project teams and business partners to provide acceptable solutions and results.
- Acts as a liaison to facilitate an understanding and partnership between business clients. Runs the resources and vendors assigned to their projects by verifying progress and removing obstacles.
- Gathers and delivers day-to-day progress of a project as it relates to managing scope, schedule, cost and quality in order to support project management decisions and compliance with Company approved methodology and required results.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques, approved methodologies & tool sets to help with the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Responsibility around leading/guiding successful working teams and facilitating project management ceremonies/meetings.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as vital.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple tasks simultaneously, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Seen as a great teammate and is encouraging of group decisions and ideas.
- Written and oral communications skills with the ability to build rapport within the company, field and /or outside vendors.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of technical project management experience.
- Experience with project management methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Solid understanding of project management / agile tooling.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups