At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Plans, coordinates and actively manages the IT delivery plans of technical solutions across a single technical product. Manages the end to end plan that is inclusive of all of the changes needed to a given technical product in support of initiative outcomes. Projects often involve network, server, or software implementation and upgrades, PC deployment and the like.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for project management of an individual medium size imitative/project with medium complexity.
- Accountable for managing scope, schedule, cost, and quality, including the monitoring of day-to-day progress, execution, management and closure within the approved scope, schedule and cost.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques that are compliant with Company approved methodologies & tool sets to help with the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience..
- One or more years of project management experience in technology and/or business functions. Experience with project management methodologies or SDLC (systems development life cycle)
- Experience with project management methodologies & SDLC. Working knowledge of project management / agile tooling
- Understands how software is developed, tested and implemented as well as technical concepts.
- Ability to work closely with engineers, product managers and business leaders.
- Experience managing large scale, cross-functional initiatives using a variety of delivery methodologies (i.e. waterfall, agile, lean, scrum, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to dig into details, learn, ask questions and become the "go to expert" on certain concepts and topics.
- May lead teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk and/or complexity
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general department policies and industry guidelines
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups