At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Northwestern Mutual (NM) has been helping people and businesses achieve financial security for over 161 years. Through a distinctive, whole-picture planning approach including both insurance and investments, we empower people to be financially confident. We combine the expertise of our financial professionals with a personalized digital experience and innovative technology to best serve our clients.
Data is a critical driver of this approach, and a cornerstone for how NM engages with its customers. To help guide the effort, NM’s Office of the Chief Data Officer (OCDO) is seeking a strategic, analytical, organized, and motivated Program Manager to join the Strategy & Business Operations team.
As a Project Manager, you will partner closely with NM’s data, technology, and business leaders to drive pivotal initiatives across the enterprise and will report directly to the Lead Program Manager, Strategy & Business Operations. In support of the Core Data & Analytics department’s operations, you’ll manage business priorities and coordinate cross-functional initiatives and help implement Northwestern Mutual’s data strategy.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with partners on planning, data strategy roadmap development, and operational planning
- Monitor key departmental priorities and help drive meeting planning and preparation by collaborating closely with cross-functional business partners
- Support the creation and execution of internal and external communications for the department, demonstrating relevant key stakeholders for content creation and approval (e.g. newsletters, digital footprint, blog posts, onboarding, etc.)
- Support the delivery of large-scale enterprise-wide strategic projects to assess and recommend strategies to improve our products & platforms
- Support day to day operations including finance & expense management, hiring, vendor management, and organizational audits
- Create and design executive materials including presentations and memos for Senior Leadership, Board of Trustees, and Business Partners
- Develop a deep understanding of existing processes/products to identify gaps that need to be addressed or opportunities to optimize/improve scalability
- Create innovative, data-driven approaches to measure and manage the business, share standard methodologies to improve the organization’s capabilities, and drive a culture of continuous learning & unlearning
- Strong people leadership skills, including ability to collaborate cross-functionally with teams and communicate effectively with a diverse range of internal and external partners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to interpret information and express ideas
- Strong PowerPoint skills including an ability to create clear and convincing presentations tailored for specific audiences
- Attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle ambiguity and build structure out of uncertainty to drive impact.
- 1-3 years of Data, Tech, Business, Strategy, or Consulting related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Experience supporting operations/project management teams
- Previous experience organizing complex projects
- Incredible organization and influencing skills
- Experience supporting enterprise-level projects/program
- Demonstrated success in verbal and written communication with senior leadership to influence impactful change in the organization
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups