At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is our strong, vibrant sales force. The Career Distribution (CD) function is at the forefront of working across the home office and sales force as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our distribution needs and deserves.
Works with the field to educate, train and provide sales support on multiple investment topics. The primary interactions with the field will take place through inbound phone calls where advisors and/or staff will have questions on how products work or a case consultation to walk through a specific client situation. Additional field training takes place through outbound calls, requested 1x1’s, delivering webinars, supporting Home Office schools and occasionally traveling to network offices. The goal of the Sr Specialist is to support advisors integrate investments into their current practices. Integration is essential to the success of advisors and their clients.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Obtain subject expertise in all NM Annuities, NMIS Brokerage and WMC Advisory Programs
- Coaching advisors through different solutions and how they work to find the best fit for a client’s situation
- Ability to explain complex topics in a thorough manner
- Ability to utilize multiple software platforms including Morningstar
- Provide case analysis and competition support of external products
- Apply relevant regulations on case consultations as it applies to IRAs and annuities
- Work cross functionally and provide subject matter expertise on various corporate projects to drive field adoption
Knowledge, skills, & abilities:
- B.S. degree in business, finance, marketing or related field desired with a minimum of 2 years' experience in a financial services environment focused on presenting and educating audiences on a variety of financial products.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of financial services products and application relative to planning and products.
- Effective demonstration and application of sales consultation skills and problem solving; Ability to ask relevant, open-ended questions to engage, discuss needs and concerns and validate solutions based on those needs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver quality presentations with specific goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to be a positive and engaged team player and carry self well in all settings, including large group engagements.
- Series 7 registration is required for duties related to securities and other investment products. Relevant designations such as CLU, ChFC, CASL, RICP or CFP
This position has been classified as a Registered Representative under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting.
Required Certifications:Series 7 - FINRA, SIE - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups