At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative, and constantly growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference in our community. We are looking for a hardworking Product Owner to help shape and lead a ground-breaking effort for our Provisioning products in our (IAM) Team. This individual will be on the ground working with the scrum and program teams as well as key business partners.
What you’ll do:
- Increase the digital and online profile of Northwestern Mutual and fuel the success and growth of our business and leadership by crafting compelling campaigns to attract and engage talent
- Become an advocate for our users as well as develop the user stories that will serve as the foundation for what we build.
- Collaborate in a deeply cross-functional way and develop relationships with engineers, business analysts, and internal partners.
- Perform data analysis and modeling to develop insights required to make strategic decisions by using a variety of data sources
- Prioritize stories, issues, and bugs on live, user-facing products.
- Work with a hardworking, dedicated, fun-loving team who values your input and your individuality.
What you’ll need:
- Emotional intelligence for the end user: You are curious and compassionate. You have strong intuition about what makes an excellent product, but you also rely on qualitative and quantitative feedback to drive direction.
- Listening skills: You seek out the opinions of others to advise your decisions but can defend your own when challenged. You’re open to shifting your stance on something when you uncover new information.
- Technical chops or digital proficiency: You don’t need to be a software engineer, but you should be able to assess tradeoffs between technologies.
- Bias for data-driven action: You know how to use data to make educated decisions when confronted by ambiguity. You may not have all the answers up front, but you determine how to find them and ask the right questions.
- Ability to learn quickly and think strategically: You can break down complex problems into smaller, impactful steps. You’re ready to jump right in and get your feet wet. You’re able to see the big picture and find opportunities that strengthen the end-to-end experience.
- Attention to detail: You are organized and pause to reflect and double check yourself so important details don’t slip through the cracks.
- Storytelling and communication skills: You’re comfortable when presenting to large groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Product Owner
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management preferred
- Proven understanding of Agile principles and process
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Effective oral, presentation, and written communication skills
- Successful track record of developing products within deadlines
- Ability to act autonomously
- The highest standards of ethical and professional behavior, consistent with the company’s values and business conduct policies
- A positive demeanor and sense of humor!
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, matching 401(k), pension program
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups