At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
We are seeking knowledgeable Product Owners to help build the tools and experiences that empower our advisors and help our clients achieve those dreams. You will work with a hardworking team of engineers, designers, data scientists and financial professionals to define product vision, strategy and deliver experiences to enable clients to achieve financial security.
What will you be doing!?
- Knowledge in the Contact Center Space and Business Intelligence a plus.
- Set Product Vision: Responsible for product vision and appropriate positioning with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Develop Roadmap: Foster the development, acceptance and communication of roadmap. Define and track KPIs for measure of success.
- Gather Requirements: Participate in cross functional work to solicit key requirements relative to the accountable product.
- Define the product: Responsible for multiple low to medium complexity products and product features from start to finish.
- Stakeholdering: Maintain the awareness and ability to articulate the product story to a broader audience outside the internal team with additional experience and maturity in the domain.
- Design Partnership: Partner with design to ensure cohesive future state user visions and experiences that are aligned with a quarterly vision with an understanding of the total design process.
- Author User Stories: Translate requirements to technical details to build and validate use cases and user stories around a product and communicate them effectively.
- Data & Customer Research: Inform product decisions with both qualitative and quantitative data on behavior and experimentation.
- Feature Prioritization: Develop and maintain multiple prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation according to business value or ROI.
- Facilitate ceremonies: Facilitate the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 4-5 Years of prior experience with at least 4 working in a Product Management Role, with agile team experience.
- Knowledge Preferred: formal business analyst, engineering or testing experience, knowledge of the financial services industry, familiar with BI tools, certification or experience with Product Owner or Scrum Master role.
- Demonstrates cross functional work in previous experience along with strong communication skills, time management, project management skills, business acumen and high self-awareness/EQ.
- Demonstrated previous research experience, influence skills, initial leadership exposure, ability to translate product requirements into technical requirements, and work in ambiguity and solutioning.
- Solves complex problems; take a new perspective on existing solutions; exercise judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups