At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What’s the role?
As a digital Product Manager in Northwestern Mutual’s Policy Benefits space, we work to build the digital tools and experiences that help our clients deliver on the promise of financial security to those they love. You’ll work with a hardworking team of engineers, designers, data scientists and financial specialists to discover, build and launch digital features that enable our world-class Long-Term Care, Disability Insurance and Life Insurance claims experiences.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set Product Vision: Ability to independently, and in some cases co-create with a Sr PM, the foundational vision of the product and what it is trying to solve for. Define and track critical metrics for measure of success.
- Develop Roadmap: Responsible for ingesting new items on the roadmap per documented prioritization framework(s). Define and track critical metrics for measure of success.
- Gather Requirements: Focused on understanding the problem state and unmet needs of the client for the objective of defining the product.
- Define the Product & Stakeholders: Work with technology, design, customers/users, to shape and test the product and communicate why this is the right product, how it will work, and what defines metrics for success.
- Design Partnership: Partner with design to ensure cohesive future state user visions and experiences are aligned.
- Author User Stories: Translate requirements to technical details to build and validate use cases and user stories around a product and communicate them effectively.
- Feature Prioritization: Develop and maintain a prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation according to business value or ROI.
- Facilitate Ceremonies: Participate in and at times facilitate the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 Years of prior experience with at least 1 working in a Product Management Role
- Must be an active and flexible member of a small, highly collaborative, experienced and effective digital product management team
- Must have demonstrated some cross-functional work in previous experience, strong communication skills, strong time management, project management skills, business acumen and high self-awareness and EQ. Must be able to translate product requirements into technical requirements, work in ambiguity and solution.
- Solves problems using fact-based decision-making; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedent
- Knowledge Preferred: Formal business analyst, engineering or testing experience. Knowledge of the financial services industry, ideally with experience in the Long-Term Care, Disability Insurance and/or Life Insurance claims experiences. Familiar with BI tools, preferred to have previous research experience, familiar with Agile and Scrum framework.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups