At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
If you have a technical, data, or business analyst in your background that could suit you for a career in digital product management and are seeking growth into a career in digital product management, then this may be the opportunity for you!
We are seeking a Product Manager within the Field Career Team, you’ll contribute within a team of product owners and managers to successfully build out our LMS capabilities and new Digital Learning ecosystem, which will onboard and educate new advisors into the Northwestern Mutual advisor career.
You’ll work directly with Sr Product Managers within the existing team as well as cross-functionally with a team of dedicated engineers, designers, and data scientists to discover, build and launch features that enable NM to efficiently and effectively educate new advisors.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Product Vision : Work with a Sr Product Managers to co-create a foundational vision of a digital learning product and/or capabilities within.
- Develop Roadmap: Responsible for ingesting new items on the roadmap per our existing documented prioritization framework(s). Willingness to develop the skills to effectively define and supervise critical metrics for measure of success.
- Feature Prioritization: Develop and maintain a prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation according to business value or return on investment.
- Gather Requirements : Strong focus on understanding the problem state through process mapping and data analysis to provide process improvement recommendations to partners.
- Author User Stories : Strong ability to translate requirements to technical details to build and validate use cases and user stories around a product.
- Digital Learning SME : In this position you grow to be a Subject matter expert for our digital learning ecosystem and the capabilities that drive our desired user experience.
- Engineering partnership : Partner heavily with your engineering team as you manage backlog, develop user stories, and help drive velocity within the team.
- Design Partnership: Partner with design to ensure cohesive future state, user visions, and experiences are aligned.
- Agile: Participate in the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- 1-3 Years of prior experience in a product manager, product owner (or associated) role; or at least 3-4 years as a business analyst or data analyst.
- Data driven: Focused on making decisions informed by data. Data analyst background or ability to partner with data focused teams is heavily preferred.
- Demonstrated some cross-functional work in previous experience, strong communication skills, strong time management, project management skills, business acumen and high self-awareness and EQ. Able to translate product requirements into technical requirements, work in ambiguity and solution.
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedent
- Knowledge Preferred: LMS (Learning Management System) capabilities or systems experience. Formal business or data analyst, engineering or testing experience. Knowledge of the financial services industry, familiar with BI tools, preferred to have previous research experience, familiar with Agile and Scrum framework.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups