At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As a Product Manager, you’ll build the tools and experiences that empower our advisors and help our clients achieve those dreams. You’ll work with a hardworking team of engineers, designers, data scientists and financial professionals to discover, build and launch features that enable clients to achieve financial security.
As a member of the Digital Innovation team, you'll explore problem and opportunity spaces to experiment various hypotheses around new technologies, new products/services, and new ways of working.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Experimentation Mentality: Partner with Stakeholders, SMEs, and/or end-users to analyze and explore industry and tech trends and apply them to problem or opportunity spaces. Define testable hypotheses and design scaled experiments to validate hypotheses to inform strategic recommendations to senior leadership.
- Set Product Vision: Ability to independently, and in some cases co-create with a Sr PM, the foundational vision of the product and what it is trying to solve for. Define and track critical metrics for measure of success
- Develop Roadmap: Responsible for ingesting new items on the roadmap per documented prioritization framework(s). Define and supervise critical metrics for measure of success
- Gather Requirements: Passionate about understanding the problem state and unmet needs of the client for the objective of defining the product.
- Define the product & Stakeholdering: Work with technology, design, customers/users, to shape and test the product and communicate why this is the right product, how it will work, and what defines metrics for success.
- Design Partnership: Partner with design to ensure cohesive future state user visions and experiences are aligned
- Author User Stories: Translate requirements to technical details to build and validate use cases and user stories around a product and communicate them effectively
- Feature Prioritization: Develop and maintain a prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation according to business value or return on investment
- Facilitate Ceremonies: Participate in the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Education. Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 Years of prior experience with at least 1 working in a Product Management Role
- Knowledge Preferred: formal business analyst, engineering or testing experience. Knowledge of the financial services industry, familiar with BI tools, preferred to have previous research experience, familiar with Agile and Scrum framework. Exposure to corporate innovation and proof-of-concept and/or Pilot-based product launches or testing.
- Must have proven some cross functional work in previous experience, Strong communication skills, strong time management, project management skills, business acuity and high self awareness and EQ. Must be able to translate product requirements into technical requirements, work in ambiguity and solution.
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedent
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, matching 401(k), pension program
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups