At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
There is not one American Dream - there are 300 million of them. At Northwestern Mutual, we’re changing the way people think about financial planning. We’re redefining and disrupting the industry and changing people’s financial lives with better experiences, better design, and better technology. We believe in and build inclusive workplaces, where every voice is heard, and diverse perspectives are welcomed. We are looking for someone like you.
Northwestern Mutual is looking for a hardworking Product Manager to help shape and lead a transformational effort for our digital products in our consumer websites space.
The role will require a Product Manager with an eye for data, working closely with our marketing, engineering, and data teams to build out our foundational customer data platform that will activate personalization across our consumer websites. Strong product fundamentals will need to be supplanted with soft skills in building relationships across numerous teams, effectively communicating vision, and aligning teams around shared goals.
For the right individual, this role presents an opportunity to contribute to a product and company strategy that improves the lives of everyday people.
- Set the product strategy, prioritize features, build consensus among stakeholders, other product managers, engineers, and data partners to build out our customer data platform
- Build use cases and user stories around a product and communicate them effectively
- Partner with Data and Design teams to ensure products satisfy user needs as well as wants
- Inform product decisions with both qualitative and quantitative data on user behavior as input into personalized user journeys
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships and strategic partnerships with external and internal key stakeholders/customers across groups and/or business units to maximize effectiveness and influence.
- Facilitate communication throughout the product development process by partnering with a variety of internal teams.
- 3-5 years of digital product management experience delivering large complex web products
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- Good understanding of technical concepts and consideration in building complex web applications, systems integration and comfort in working closely with engineers.
- Experience with large data sets across activation channels and analytics platforms such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, and Heap
- Financial Services experience strongly preferred
- Agile product management experience
- Ability to excel in a team environment
- Demonstrated creative problem solving ability
- Effective oral, presentation, and written communication skills
- Able to gain the confidence of customer executives and senior management team
- Ability to act autonomously
- Highest standards of ethical and professional behavior, consistent with the company’s values and business conduct policies
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups