At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
Are you looking for a role with huge organizational impact? As a Product Manager for Northwestern Mutual’s consumer website, you’ll work with a team of hardworking engineers and designers to discover, build and launch features that help keep users secure and confident in their financial and personal data. You’ll support key features on the website including: client registration, password reset, multi-factor authentication, profile setting, and personal information management.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set Product Vision: Ability to independently, and in some cases co-create with a Sr PM, the foundational vision of the product and what it is trying to solve for.
- Develop Roadmap: Responsible for ingesting new items on the roadmap per documented prioritization framework(s). Define and track critical metrics for measure of success.
- Gather Requirements: Passionate about identifying the problem state and unmet needs of the client for the objective of defining the product.
- Define the product & partners: Work with technology, design, customers/users, to craft and test the product and communicate why this is the right product, how it will work, and what defines metrics for success.
- Design Partnership: Partner with design to ensure cohesive future state user visions and experiences are aligned
- Write User Stories: Translate requirements to technical details to build and validate use cases and user stories around a product and communicate them effectively
- Feature Prioritization: Develop and maintain a prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation according to business value or return on investment.
- Facilitate Ceremonies: Participate in the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Proven ability working in a Product Management Role.
- Knowledge Preferred: former analyst, engineering or QA experience. Knowledge of the financial services industry, familiar with BI tools, preferred to have previous research experience, familiar with Agile and Scrum framework.
- Familiar with and/or interest in security and identity concepts such as OAuth, WebAuth, MFA, biometrics or FIDO
- Strong communication skills, strong time management, project management skills, business acuity and high self-awareness and EQ.
- Ability to translate product requirements into technical requirements, work in ambiguity and solution.
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedent
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Beyond base salary, NM offers the following benefits; pension, 401k, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision, FREE lunch, annual bonus opportunity, and much more!
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups