At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
- Leads policy contract drafting teams and the regulatory approval process for assigned projects.
- Reviews company product marketing materials for compliance with state laws and regulations for assigned product lines.
- Responds to states' concerns on contracts, forms, rates and marketing materials and negotiates for approval. Provides counsel to home office clients on correction and revision of contracts and forms to achieve compliance while staying within company practices.
- Provides guidance to peers and staff at lower levels and acts as liaison between actuarial and client departments.
- Leads drafting teams for assigned projects for the purpose of crafting insurance contracts and related company forms that match product specifications and align with statutes and regulations in 51 jurisdictions. Provides counsel to client departments on state-mandated regulations and makes recommendations for variations to forms.
- Negotiates and implements state-mandated changes, considering all contract and company impacts. Performs technical product review of marketing materials.
- Performs regulatory submission process for contracts and related forms, as well as marketing materials.
- Responsible for addressing states' concerns regarding new contracts, forms and marketing materials. Negotiates with state insurance departments for approval of such.
- Researches regulations through various sources in order to adhere to state requirements and to create state form variations.
- Confers with associates to determine whether or not variations will change meaning of contracts and forms. Works with associates and drafting team on questionable issues. Responsible for implementing policy contracts and state variations to such and for communicating the variations to appropriate parties. Acts as liaison with client departments on implementing variations to forms other than contractual forms.
- Keeps abreast of proposed and adopted regulations for assigned product lines in 51 jurisdictions. Responsible for implementing all necessary changes to contracts and related company forms. Acts as liaison between Actuarial and client departments on contract forms and compliance.
- Communicates more complex contract information to associates for review and discussion to formulate state submissions and re-submissions. Acts as liaison between contract group and IS personnel for complex technical issues related to contract and forms production. Prepares contract assembly instructions for IS implementation and updates existing instructions when changes warrant. Verifies that all contracts coming through the New Business system are accurate and complete prior to production.
- Provides training and guidance on product issues for Insurance Regulatory Specialists.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree with upper level course work in English and Mathematics.
- Two to five years of insurance compliance experience with specific knowledge of company products.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills (both oral and written).
- Strong analytical ability required.
- Willingness to complete the LOMA associate designation in life and health insurance compliance (AIRC) and any other specific course work related to product lines.
- Familiarity with NAIC model regulations and state statutes and regulations preferred.
- Willingness to attend industry meetings and foster relationships with representatives of other companies in the insurance industry.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups