At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
The Business Process Excellence Consultant independently provides expertise to product, operations, and technology teams in collaboration with other disciplines. Displays a deep understanding of process improvement techniques, technologies, methodologies while proactively communicating methods to others and in this discipline; defines consistent solutions aligned with strategic processes. Guides process re-engineering and technology implementation to enable process redesign and innovation. Demonstrates digital savvy and engages technology experts to guide innovation toward engineered future state processes with low waste and high quality. Recommends and implements improvement opportunities; independently drives improvements while maintaining an Enterprise perspective. Demonstrate independent command of BPE principles and methods, as well as the ability to guide improvement initiatives and mindsets for business partners with high emotional intelligence and political acumen. Accountable for active management and sustainment of solutions.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Demonstrates command of stakeholder engagement so that proliferation of new methods occurs, sustainment occurs, and outcomes are achieved
- Demonstrates strong proficiency leading improvement efforts with groups of various sizes
- Ability to sense and comprehend individual needs with high emotional intelligence and political acumen, guiding the team without direct authority
- Independently applies continuous improvement knowledge and provides leadership through ambiguity
- Promotes a learning organization that embraces a growth mindset aligned with the Enterprise
- Independently develops and maintains principles, best practices, standards, methods, techniques and models for process improvement
- Researches, recommends and advocates how existing processes within a given area can be leveraged to provide additional value at Northwestern Mutual
- Demonstrated experience with Lean, Business Process Management, or similar methodology
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent and/or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Four years of project management, manager, team lead or business consultant experience in technology and/or business functions
- Six years of full-time work experience
- Superior oral and written communications skills at all levels across the organization with the proven ability to build relationships
- Previous facilitation and coaching experience where problem solving, process development and/or behavior change methods and tools have been demonstrated
- Demonstrated experience with utilizing various systems to collect and analyze data
- Lean or Six Sigma Black Belt Certification (Lean or Six Sigma Master Black Belt experience preferred) or equivalent relevant leadership experience of process improvement
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills and a high degree of self-motivation and initiative
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups