At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
Northwestern Mutual’s Private Debt and Equity group is a committed investor in the private markets, partnering with leading private equity firms for the past 40+ years. As part of this long term investment strategy, Northwestern Mutual has compiled a portfolio of >100 industry leading private equity managers across North America & Western Europe.
A Private Equity Fund Analyst is responsible for assisting in the selection, allocation, and oversight of NMC’s external private equity managers, a portfolio of >$8 billion in total exposure. As part of the investment process, the Analyst will work exclusively within the Private Equity Funds Team to optimize risk and performance of a critical equity portfolio for Northwestern Mutual’s general account.
- Assist Funds Team professionals in preparing, gathering, and analyzing data in developing commitment recommendations for both existing and new private equity managers.
- Provide both quantitative and qualitative perspective of external managers value-add, alpha potential and future partnership opportunities.
- Compile investment recommendation memos from various sources to help facilitate discussion with NMC’s senior investment committee.
- Construct and maintain spreadsheets, models, ad hoc analyses, and other data to optimize portfolio exposures.
- Monitor limited partnership portfolio exposures and performance on a quarterly basis, providing ad-hoc analysis as needed for NMC portfolio managers and senior leadership.
- Interact with senior investment professionals across Northwestern Mutual Capital.
The Private Equity Analyst, operating in a team environment, will be given growing responsibility over time and high performers can expect career advancement opportunities (Senior Analyst and Associate).
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, economics, or similar required.
- 0 to 3 years of relevant work experience in investment and/or private equity due diligence. Will consider previous internship experience within the alternative investment management industry.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint – intermediate + advanced functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to be adaptive and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Superb work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, and commitment to excellence.
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups