At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for initial review, analysis mitigation and/or escalation (as appropriate) of privacy incidents which may require leading field and home office members through investigation, mitigation and resolution of routing privacy incidents.
- Establishes and maintains official documentation of privacy and/or records management incident handling and resolution process including assembling and completing regulatory and consumer reporting when appropriate.
- Ensures the Records Transfer and Destruction process is followed by all departments and Record Center operations; develops, implements and monitors audit mechanisms to ensure compliance with the Corporate Records Management Policy.
- Trains users on and administers the monthly and annual transfer and destruction processes while gaining strong foundational understanding of the Records Management system and Program
- Administers the Vital Records program including routine issue resolution, and is the first point of contract for vendor relations
- Assists in the development of enterprise privacy or records management policies, decision/direction statements and procedures as well as content for the enterprise-wide privacy or records management e-learning initiative
- Accountable for updating Privacy and RIM content on the Digital Commons and Linknet as appropriate and participates in various privacy activities as needed (e.g., Shredding Days, Annual Meeting, Security Awareness Days, etc.).
- Reports on established routine metrics and is able to recognize and highlight unique values and/or changes in trends
- Ability to complete project level tasks with framing and some direction from senior team members
- Responsible for ensuring changes in regulations, laws and business requirements are reflected on department’s/entity’s Records Retention Schedule; by appropriately reviewing, evaluating and escalating regulatory routing notices in order to sustain a legally sufficient Corporate Records Management Program.
- Accountable for direct administrative support to the Chief Privacy Officer and team administration functions such as calendaring, collecting and disseminating agenda’s, keeping and disseminating meeting minutes, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in privacy or records management using industry standards and best practices.
- Official designation in records management or certification in privacy like CIPP desirable.
- Partner with teammates w/in Privacy Department and Legal & Public Affairs function or other employees across the enterprise. Bring empathy and problem solving to understand issues and assist in resolution
- Ability to deliver informative, well-organized documentation and ability to effectively communicate in difficult and/or sensitive situations
- Can work through assigned issues with little oversight from teammates. Identify issues and escalate when necessary
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups