At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Are you in search of a first in class company? Here at Northwestern Mutual, we are in the middle of a digital transformation enterprise wide and are in search of top performers in the technology space! As a key member of the Enterprise Architecture team, you’ll be tasked with defining and rolling out enterprise standards to drive a consistent and accurate use of public cloud and SaaS services across the enterprise!
What you’ll do:
- Provide thought leadership on architecture and technology matters; ensuring that technology work is aligned to long-term strategic business interests with public cloud and SaaS services
- Assemble a cross functional coalition of technology partners to drive the creation of good governance and standards for public cloud across all core technology platforms
- Strategically balance diverse objectives for cloud adoption to ensure the appropriate level of value, risk, and engineering autonomy
- Ensure cloud practices are appropriately factoring in non-functional requirements (resiliency, security, cost management, data implications, etc.)
- Work closely with key partners, including enterprise quality, security, and cost management, to define standards for cloud services
- Arrange rollout and promote standard methodologies, generate passion for adoption
- Lead and measure your impact through well-defined critical metrics
What we’re looking for:
- We are looking for 5+ years of leadership experience working in high powered engineering organizations with well crafted hyper-scale cloud deployments
- Validated ability working in sophisticated technology ecosystems; experience with large scale cloud estates
- Proven record to collaborate with a broad variety of technical partners; successful in providing leadership and delivering on outcomes in a large enterprise environment
- Foundational understanding of both current and legacy technologies in areas like application platforms (e.g., cloud platforms, legacy platforms), SDLC practices, integration patterns and automated testing.
- Pragmatic judgment, able to know when to trade off short and long-term gains and help guide partners through these decisions while mentoring them on the implications
- Confirmed passion for automation; proficient and determined to find ways to automate and streamline processes and practices
- Security-minded, experienced and outspoken on approaches to integrating security and compliance considerations into cloud services
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups