At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
The Principal Architect will be focused on providing overall strategic and execution leadership across the Planning Experience technology organization. You will be architecting, designing solutions and leading their implementation. The Principal Architect is responsible to be a coach/mentor/teacher to engineers and drive the strategy definition and execution of the technology products areas needed to drive NM’s digital transformation.
- Strong AWS Cloud experience
- Strong Java experience
- Lead Architect experience
- Review and Identify Short, Mid-Term Technology Trends
- In Collaboration with The Enterprise Architecture, Assess Technologies Fit with CD’s Portfolio
- Lead Technology Proof of Concepts
- Provides Technical Expertise and Leadership to Develop Integrated Solutions Spanning Business, Operating Systems, Applications and Platforms
- Work Cross Functionally (business, product, infrastructure, security, governance) To Develop Plans Addressing Technical Debt and Improve Processes
- Providing Expertise and Guidance in Architecture, Design and Application of Industry Standards in the implementation of innovative technology solutions
- Participate to evaluate Vendor Solutions/Approaches and Make Recommendations
- Collaborate Across NM to Define and Socialize Roadmaps
- Provide Thought Leadership and Mentorship To engineers
- Communicates Effectively with all Levels of leadership
- Contribute to The NM Technology Brand internally and externally
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Minimum 12 Years' Experience in Highly Technical Roles Covering Multiple Areas Required
- Deep Hands-On Knowledge of Application Development, Operation and Support Practices
- Deep Hands-On Knowledge of Either Web/Cloud/Web Service Based Technology, APIs Or DevOps Concepts; Appropriate Professional Designation Preferred; Prior Experience Leading/coaching
- Mentoring engineering teams
- Designing and Developing Cloud and On-Prem Applications in Large Scale, Highly Transaction or Mission Critical Environments
- Prior Knowledge of Application Containers, Ci/Cd Concepts a plus
- Lead Architect
- Chief Architect
Special Skills Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Excellent Decision-Making Capabilities
- Excellent Organization, and Team Collaboration Skills
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Excellent Facilitation, Collaboration, Negotiation, and Presentation Skills; Comfort with Ambiguity, Frequent Change, Or Unpredictability
- Strong Team Leadership Skills
- Solid experience working with cross functional teams
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups