At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
The Principal Architect within the Identity and Access Management team at Northeastern Mutual Life Insurance will proactively identify and solve unique and complex problems; using innovative methods to think beyond existing solutions. This role will be focused on defining an innovative target state architecture roadmap for implementation of an API-First shift following a business domain-driven approach. These collections of APIs will enable the integration with the centralized security services platform. Engagement and alignment with cross functional domain architects will be instrumental to success in this role. The role will require to work and collaborate with all teams (application, infrastructure, Audit, Governance, CISO etc.) to ensure understanding and implementation of these security services in every domain.
Has the knack to go deeper into technology but keeping the business objective as primary; brings a new perspective on existing solutions and problems; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information. Solves unique problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions. Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions. Identifies and solves technical and operational problems; understands and recognizes a broader impact across the organization
What's the role?
- Works without supervision on large, complex security projects across IAM / IGA / DevOps / Directory / Operations etc.
- Is a leader within the Identity and Access Management organization with the expectation to represent it outside the group as an evangelist. Freely shares knowledge and techniques to others within and outside the domain. Is considered an expert in Identity and Access Management and related security technologies.
- Provide thought leadership on Identity and Access Management architecture and technology matters; ensuring that technology work is aligned to long-term strategic business interests.
- Leads the integration of security services (IAM / Keys / Secrets) across NM as a whole, since every digital product / project depends on seamless integration with technologies within the team.
- Leads the integration of identity and application architecture on the largest, most complex integrated projects driving significant innovation.
- Brings digital strategy to life across functional and product lines through identity architecture expertise
- Recognized as a company or industry thought leader in an engineering and software design architecture discipline.
- Regularly monitoring the security community for, and researching, the latest assessment and exploit methodologies. This work is concluded by sharing the information
- Contributes to the innovation of software development and architecture within IAM domain
- Working with technical and non-technical stakeholders and communicating complex problems through targeted communication.
- Works closely with strategic vendors and enterprise partners, including but not limited to security architecture, enterprise architecture, cyber defense and platforms, infrastructure, and engineering solutions delivery.
- Must be highly collaborative, able to effectively interact with peers, management and leadership teams of varying technical levels, and take action when security challenges or requirements arise.
- Mentors all professional levels.
- Experience with engineering best practices to include analyzing, designing, developing, deploying, and supporting software solutions, and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades.
- Experience in SDLC and Agile practices
- Experience in the following domains: SSO/Federation, Active Directory, Azure, AWS, Key Management, Privileged Access, and Customer Identity & Access Management (CIAM)
- Strong problem-solving skills and understanding of security integrates with every aspect of the digital world.
- Strong documentation, testing, and automation skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
- Strong ability to identify and set security practices and patterns
- Strong ability to align technical needs to business processes.
- Strong ability to prioritize work based on business objectives.
- Strong ability to breakdown work to deliver value incrementally.
- 8 plus years of work experience in the IT field, with at least a portion of that time in Security and/or Architecture
- Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent experience
- Certification in security space desired (CISSP, CCSP, etc.)
Beyond base salary, NM offers the following benefits; pension, 401k, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision, FREE lunch, annual bonus opportunity, and much more!
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups