At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for designing, creating, and maintaining the security standards across the enterprise.
- Implement core and cloud infrastructure security to manage risks and exposure
- Leads the implementation effort across the Enterprise to align with the Data Encryption Strategy.
- Sets the standard for data encryption; define standards and ensure technology services are managed according to those standards.
- Acts as liaison between Security, Application Architecture and Delivery teams to transform requirements into deliverables
- Provides thought leadership on architecture & business matters across NM.
- Ensures technology products and services are architected according to business needs.
- Reviews current system encryption measures, measures and implements enhancements to adequately meet security standards.
- Ensures Architecture meets financial, compliance, security, and risk goals.
- Provides day-to-day mentoring and coaching to other architects and technical professionals.
- Creates documentation and leads discussions that communicate both strategic intent as well as operational approach to audiences at the Lead, Director, and VP level, based on ownership of the department's strategic direction.
- Actively owns and creates strategic technology plans spanning the enterprise.
- Ensures key architectural patterns, engineering practices and standards are used and drive them across the organization.
- Ensures department projects align with the department’s long-term priorities (connect projects to strategy)
- Applies broader organization, process, and technology opportunities to the project with an "innovation mindset".
- Holds accountability for key architectural patterns, engineering practices and standards and works with senior tech leaders to ensure their adoption across the organization.
- Assumes lead role in Identifying cross departmental synergies and dependencies (including technical) and champion strategies (business and technical).
- Integrates security priorities into enterprise technology strategy.
- Partners with team to identify functional gaps / opportunities and assumes lead role in developing roadmaps for addressing functional gaps.
- Shapes and drives efforts to enable, protect and position NM for improved security via established practices.
- 3-7 years of experience in Solutions Architecture, or 5-7 years of experience in a Product Owner / Manager role.
- 3-5 years of Project ownership role
- Experience managing project managers and technical project resources - A dual project and technology leader
- Complimentary technology depth to provide a contextual understanding for security.
- Knowledge of security frameworks.
- Experience leading security and risk related work 1-2 years.
- Experience driving security related initiatives to achieve business outcomes.
- Experience with security and risk frameworks (e.g., NIST 800-53, IS0 27001, CSA CCM, NIST CSF, etc.)
- Bachelor’s in computer science / Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 12-15 years of professional experience required.
- 3-7 years of experience in Solutions Architecture.
- Previous leadership of large-scale enterprise technology planning and implementation.
- Proven experience with design, implementation and ongoing planning of large, complex enterprise projects over an extended period of time.
- Ability to collaborate and/or provide leadership in a larger group of technical/engineering leads, Directors and VPs and be accountable for owning the planning/program to drive efforts towards defined outcomes that align to business strategic goals.
- Recognized thought leader in their organization in both current and legacy technologies in areas like Application Platforms (e.g. Cloud platform vs. Legacy Platform models), CI/CD tooling and practices, Integration patterns, or Master Data Management.
- Experience leading orchestrated enterprise planning methodologies (e.g. SAFe).
- Experience with Enterprise Technology planning software (e.g. AgileCraft).
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups