At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we help our clients realize the promise of financial security and deliver comprehensive planning, insurance and investments through a trusted advisor and engaging technology.
Investment Products and Services helps our clients grow their wealth. In other words, IPS completes the promise we’ve made to our clients. By bringing investments and insurance together into one comprehensive plan, we help our clients strive toward their complete financial picture.
The Portfolio Management Specialist demonstrates an understanding of the Wealth Management Company (WMC) investment philosophy and process, and provides day-to-day administrative and operational support to optimally communicate the Private Client Services (PCS) capability to Wealth Management Advisors (WMAs) and their staff.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Builds security analyses utilizing Bloomberg, monitors funding procedures, handles operational and administrative duties related to model management and team database.
- Provides guidance to the field and answers questions on the trust and discretionary investment capabilities, approved investment strategies, program recommendations and proposal procedures for clients of the Wealth Management Company, both in general and case-specific terms
- Prepares client portfolio review materials in advance of client meetings from portfolio software and perform initial and annual compliance reviews on client accounts to comply with regulatory guidelines
- Helps to build and analyze investment proposals for prospective PCS clients, based on information gathered by advisors and/or their staff
- Supports other department projects and initiatives as needed
- Bachelor's degree is required, progress towards CFA, CFP, CAIA or MBA not required but desirable to progress in the wealth management space (or other related designation)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in the investment/fiduciary management industry
- Previous experience understanding, interpreting and articulating investments, financial markets, asset allocation and broad economy metrics
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills.
- Technical experience in standard applications including but not limited to Bloomberg, Excel, and Word
- Confirmed ability to identify and resolve critical issues through effective problem-solving skills
- Non-Registered Fingerprinted FINRA
This position has been classified as an Associated Person under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting and completion of required form.
Required Certifications:Non-Registered Fingerprinted - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups