At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, our vision is to deliver financial security to help our clients live their best lives by choice. A key pillar of our vision and success is a strong, vibrant sales force. This role sits within the Career Distribution (CD), which is at the forefront of working across the home office and sales force as one team to achieve the sales and growth objectives the company expects, while delivering the experience our distribution needs and deserves.
What’s the role?
Works across the enterprise to build alignment with strategic partners and leads efforts to build aligned programs and execution models and to ensure coordinated delivery of strategic field change priorities in alignment with company vision and distribution strategy.
Supports the Performance Team as the liaison to stakeholder groups across the business areas and represents department on key projects, including enterprise and complex business initiatives.
Responsible for the identification and management of interdependencies with cross-departmental and enterprise partners and coordination with other initiative owners.
Develops and delivers training, processes and tools to support the Performance Team and to drive alignment with enterprise, functional and broader strategic goals and priorities.
Develops and oversees key Performance Team platforms that enable regional team members to (1) execute on prioritized enterprise initiatives; (2) provide the enterprise with desired transparency, input and feedback; and (3) execute on performance management responsibilities. Examples of such platforms are the Distribution Performance digital Hub and Distribution Engagement Forum
Equips Performance Team leadership with data, feedback and tools to monitor the performance of regional teams (e.g., distribution of resources, follow through on execution against enterprise asks).
Leads efforts to look across regional teams to identify and implement process, structural and infrastructure improvements.
Leads efforts to gather and synthesize input/feedback from regional teams, prioritize this input/feedback and communicate it effectively to enterprise partners.
Analyzes and communicates impactful data to influence action throughout the function.
Orchestrates semi-annual HPM (field leader performance management) review cycle supported through the delivery of process improvements, communications, and materials.
Provides mentorship and coaching for P3 consultants and manages escalations.
Bring your best! What the role requires:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field.
- 10 + years of progressively responsible work experience emphasizing project management and implementation, decision making, consulting and influencing without authority.
- Leadership in multiple business disciplines and experience working in or supporting the field required.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to develop implementation plans to address long-range business needs at the corporate and functional level.
- In-depth knowledge of systems, operations, products and services in the home office and field.
- Excellent ability to identify and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders representing a broad range of functions and levels in order to advance strategic objectives.
- Strong analytical, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and facilitation skills with the ability to build rapport gain acceptance at all levels in the home office, the field and with strategic partners. Must be highly collaborative, possess strong interpersonal skills and able to lead work through shared resources across function.
- Experience identifying and leading process improvements and setting measurement criteria.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to independently set priorities and carry out multiple and diverse assignments within time deadlines.
- Must deal well with ambiguity and be flexible and creative in responding to situations and offering new ideas.
- Competitive base pay!
- Pension plan
- Educational assistance
- Performance based incentive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Caregiver time off
- ….and more
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will offer reasonable accommodations
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups