At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the Role?
As an IAM (PAM) Engineer you will play a key role within the PAM team as we secure the credentials and secrets in use throughout Northwestern Mutual. As an engineer on the team, you will be a member of a highly skilled team that is looking to add highly skilled and motivated engineers who are excited to work with a variety of PAM tools and methodologies.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Works under general supervision on medium to large IAM projects
- Partners with team members on more complex issues.
- Is a member of the PAM team with the expectation to learn and become proficient within areas of the domain. This can include teaching mastered concepts to others withing the team.
- Give input into the PAM team strategy, architecture, and designs.
- Engineer solutions for management of privileged access within our cloud, on prem, container, and server environments.
- Design, implement, and manage our cloud and on-prem PAM tooling infrastructure.
- Develop and improve our pipeline-based automation.
- Create, maintain, and improve documentation for internal team and customer use.
- Responding to and resolving security and availability incidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent work experience in the IT field, with at least a portion of that time in Security related position
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Certification in security space desired (CISSP, CCSP, etc).
- Proven hands-on experience with CyberArk, HashiCorp, or equivalent technologies.
- Experience with sudo/su management tools a plus.
- Experience securing Unix environments.
- Extensive hands-on knowledge of identity and access management best practices and procedures.
- Experience with engineering best practices to include analyzing, designing, developing, and deploying and supporting software solutions and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong documentation, testing and automation skills.
- Sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical teams and non-technical teams.
- Strong ability to align and mature to security practices.
- Strong ability to align technical needs to business processes.
- Strong ability to prioritize work based on business objectives.
- Strong ability to breakdown work to deliver value incrementally.
- Collaborative team first environment
- Tons of room for career growth.
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups