At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Under the general supervision of the Facility Operations Manager and the daily direction of the Lead Painter, performs various duties; interior and exterior painting; caulking and patching; touch-up and refinishing furniture/woodwork; wallpapering; and PC generated sign production. Assumes lead painter's duties on an as needed basis. This position is second shift (M-F 2-10:30) which provides the opportunity for shift differential on top of base pay. This position would also be required to work at both the Milwaukee and Franklin campuses.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Paints walls, ceilings, doors, cabinets, floors, etc. Applies various stains and finishes to furniture and other wood materials. Mixes/blends paint, stain and other coating ingredients to match existing as well as desired finishes.
- Prepares/patches various surfaces to receive stains and finishes. Installs drywall tape and finishes.
- Scrapes, grinds, cleans and/or paints mechanical and structural components outside and inside of the Home office for rust control and preventive maintenance on such items as roof cooling towers and fan housing, pipes, air ducts, support bases, lettering and maintenance painting in the parking structure and surface lots.
- Completes touch-up, cleaning, polishing, oiling, etc. of wood doors, paneling, furniture and other equipment.
- Knowledge and skill in maintaining and operating a variety of painting tools and equipment.
- Cuts and handles wall coverings and patches as required. Uses PC based machine to produce signs.
- Install/repairs ceiling and floor tile, access panels and ceramic tile.
- Miscellaneous duties or fill-in work. Assist other maintenance workers as needed. Perform various order related functions as necessary
- High school degree or equivalent with good math aptitude. Proven mechanical aptitude required.
- Painting apprenticeship is preferred but not required
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial painting experience.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and schematic drawings.
- Must possess knowledge of relevant state and local building codes and industry standards
- Be able to accurately estimate material and labor
- Must be able to lift up to 40 #’s on a regular basis and up to 80 #’s occasionally
- OSHA 30 training must be completed within 1 year of employment
- Safety conscience worker
- Field and trade knowledge, bringing industry standards, best practices and ideas.
- Excellent communicator when working with a small team and leaders throughout Northwestern Mutual.
- Forward thinker with an ability to anticipate problems and propose recommendations on how to solve for them
- A self‐directed learner who demonstrates a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office and CAFM technology to communicate with individuals throughout Northwestern Mutual.
- Move quickly with enough due diligence to work with and through limited information
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups