At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we help our clients realize the promise of financial security and deliver comprehensive planning, insurance and investments through a trusted advisor and engaging technology.
What You’ll Do as an Org Change and Sales Metrics Analyst:
- Provide quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting of patterns, insights, and trends to Risk Product leaders and other partners in order to drive product change plan and sales plan decisions and address strategic questions.
- Access, gather, and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources to drive insights into business problems, decisions, and performance.
- Create and produce forecasts, reports, dashboards, etc. to tell a story through data.
- Produce practical reports that show key performance indicators, identify areas of improvement into current operations, and display root cause analysis of problems.
- Create forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on sales data and market knowledge in particular.
- Apply analytics and metrics to improve processes and provide data-driven forecasts that impact the product change plans, the Risk Product sales plan, and other department priorities.
- Summarize analysis into user-friendly deliverables by translating detailed data into business-appropriate communication and recommendations.
- Deliver results, insights and recommendations (written, verbal, presentations, etc) to change plan leads, sales plan leads and other Risk Product leaders.
- Provide consultation to the department and may participate in cross-functional teams to address business issues.
- Apply new perspectives, creative problem solving, and inter-departmental connections to improve analytical capabilities.
- Take initiatives to design and develop deliverables based on interpretation of findings and business client needs on a wide range of analytical topics.
- Create high quality, value driven work that drives business outcomes; places the user in the center of decision making; and collaborates with team for speed, agility and innovation in work.
- Bring a foundational understanding of Risk Products, distribution, change management principles, as well as an understanding of sales and company business economics.
- Embrace continuous learning, curiosity, and ambiguity.
- Partner closely with other enterprise data and metrics centers of excellence, including to share best practices around core methodologies, standards and processes.
Bring Your Best – What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or related field.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in research and data analysis, application of statistical research techniques, or application development that support business decisions/outcomes.
- Expertise in development and analytical tools such as SAS, SQL, MS Excel, SPSS, R or other tool. Visualization tooling like PowerBI or Tableau and communication tools such as Power Point and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results and recommendations in written, verbal and presentation form at an appropriate level for a variety of business audiences.
- Proven excellence in problem solving, research, quantitative and qualitative analysis and analytical working techniques.
- Strong aptitude and desire for learning new platforms, development, analytic and presentation tools; modeling, analytic and quantitative techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to gather information systematically; consider a broad range of issues or factors; grasp complexities and perceive relationships among problems or issues; use accurate logic in analysis. Initiative to independently design and develop own deliverables while still being a team player.
- Ability to collaborate closely with key partners within and outside of the department.
- Ability to be responsive to changing business needs, manage and prioritize concurrent assignments, and handle ambiguity.
- Significant ability to use data mining tools and analytics in order to support the initiatives of assigned business areas.
- Ability to generate new ideas and go beyond the status quo; recognize the need for new or modified approaches. Strong customer / client orientation. Strong analytical capability with ability to meet deadlines.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups