At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As Organization Change Consultant, you will focus on the people side of change, including efforts that involve changes to people, processes, technology and/or culture, in order to realize favorable business outcomes; create an integrated approach to implement change management, through communication and training plans that minimize resistance and maximize engagement; collaborate with leaders, stakeholders, sponsors, and project and outcome managers to develop overall strategy for navigating change, identifying the scope and impact of change within the context of the day-to-day experience of the end user. Recommend and develop a change management strategy, and design and implement actionable and targeted change plans; represent users and stakeholders to ensure plans and strategies achieve stated objectives and benefits, influencing, coaching, and driving results through others. Create and manage tools for measuring change success.
- Orchestrating an integrated approach for organizational change, including training, communication, and sponsorship, as well as guiding others to execute the approach, in order to drive adoption and optimize the realization of business benefits. Includes taking into account and managing potential impact of changes to people, organization, and culture.
- In partnership with the enterprise change COE, be an active member of the change community to advance the change competencies of the company.
- Adopt and promote common NM enterprise-wide change process, methodology and language in application on projects.
- Partnering with project and business leadership to identify the scope and impact of change within the context of the day-to-day experience of the end user.
- Recommend and develop a change management strategy, and support the design and implement of actionable and targeted change plans within the required and optional organizational change discipline deliverables.
- Actively and visibly educating, influencing, aligning, and coaching sponsors, frontline leaders, and project leaders to drive effective change, manage resistance, and optimize the success of the project. Educating and supporting stakeholders in the adoption of change.
- Assure the identification of potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and developing specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
- Partnering with business sponsors, communication, training, performance teams, HR and other key personnel (e.g., outcome and project managers, process leads, etc.) in the formulation of plans and activities to support project implementation. Escalating change plan gaps or deficiencies within the project or business group, and providing updates to leaders as needed.
- Guiding and leading the communication and training leads to fulfill the change strategy and specific project-based plans.
- Creating and managing measurement systems for change success, e.g., adoption, utilization, performance standards, etc.
- Providing input to the business sponsors and working teams to create deployment strategy and plan. Ensure change strategy and ownership is in place and functioning for the full duration of the change adoption phase to realize stated business outcomes.
- Recommending org change component (staffing, funding, timing) of project team structure to achieve desired project outcomes.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in business, Human Resources, communication, or technology, or a related field.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant professional experience, with at least 2 years' experience leading large organizational change management efforts, change management planning, and/or integrating change with project, communication, and training plans.
- An in-depth understanding of how people go through change and the change process.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies.
- Creative and visionary with strong executive communication and stakeholder management skills to influence at all levels and ability to articulate vision, strategy and solutions that best meet business objectives.
- Ability to stand alone in support of and advocacy for the recipient(s) of change.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Entrepreneurial mindset that supports the ability to lead in new and ambiguous situations.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams on transformation efforts and projects of significant scope required and ability to build relationships and effectively execute in a collaborative and matrixed environment.
- Excellent active listening, root cause identification and interpersonal skills.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups