At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
This role is a duty of service to the Financial Planning and Sales Support teams, and a duty of care to our business partners within Distribution Services. As a contributing member of the FPSS Operations Integration team, this individual will play a critical role of ensuring the day-to-day operation runs efficiently while supporting management to achieve business results. Shared responsibilities for workforce management, systems administration, data management, research and reporting, project management, and delivery on multiyear strategic initiatives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Resource planning, scheduling, logistics, and reporting for all onsite, remote, and travel operations for the business.
- Maintain usability, efficiency, and relevancy of current & future enterprise systems.
- Utilize various records databases to track and report on department activities and metrics.
- Support new, as well as at-risk projects, including creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation. Must be able to collaborate effectively within project teams of skilled and experienced professionals.
- Escalate feedback to management to follow through on the needs and/or gaps of operational accountabilities.
- Prioritize process improvements that increase efficiency, leveraging tools and techniques to enable end-to-end value delivery.
- Provide visibility and transparency of work and plans to management, using data to make successes and challenges visible.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of 1 years of experience supporting project teams, operations, or related.
- Proficient in the latest version of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel.
- Understanding of process & project management with the ability to organize and deliver results.
- Ability to prioritize work, work under pressure, and deliver in tight timeframes.
- Solid technical background with hands-on experience.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple assignments with minimal supervision.
- Positively receptive to direction, guidance, feedback, and is accountable for own contribution.
- Exchanges straightforward information, asks questions and checks for understanding
- Demonstrated ability to independently analyze and solve problems involving ambiguity.
- Can adapt quickly to change and comfortable with continuous improvement.
- Ability to positively influence, work cooperatively, and collaborate with others.
Great pay package, 401K, company sponsored retirement plan, educational assistance, performance based incentive pay, medical, dental and vision insurance, parental leave, caregiver time off….and more!
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Please note that this is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups