At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we’re changing the way people think about financial planning with the scale of a Fortune 90 company. We’re redefining and reinventing the industry and changing people’s financial lives with better experiences and better technology. We believe in building inclusive, and diverse workplaces, where every voice is heard. Come help us build for the future!
What's the role?
New Issue is an exciting domain at Northwestern Mutual offering opportunities for growth. This Digital Product (DP) Program Manager role will be passionate about the New Business transformation effort under the high priority Enroll Journey program.
In this role you will provide program management across multiple tracks of delivery work for high performing teams on a large program. This would include coordination of work and alignment of epics that straddle multiple teams; partnering with DP Managers to own an integrated roadmap; managing and communicating out end-to-end program testing alignment, program level deployments and defects; coordinating quarterly planning events for the teams and gathering program level retrospective feedback.
Plans, coordinates and actively manages the IT delivery plans for sophisticated, cross-functional technical solutions that generally spans multiple, technical products. Manages the end to end plan that is inclusive of all of the changes needed to technical products in support of initiative outcomes. Projects often involve network, server, or software implementation and upgrades, PC deployment and the like.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for aligning one or more large, complex programs consisting of multiple efforts.
- Makes connections across teams and work streams to drive identification and facilitation of interdependencies.
- Accountable for defining the program structure and crafting a single, unified plan to deliver on the program objectives.
- Drives for clarity on objectives, priorities and measures.
- Accountable for identifying, assessing and mitigating program risks and issues, and removing impediments.
- May lead or mentor program managers.
- Five or more years of program management experience in technology and/or business functions. Experience with program management methodologies & governance.
- Experience with project management methodologies & SDLC. Working knowledge of project management / agile tooling.
- Financial & team management.
- Understands how software is developed, tested and implemented as well as technical concepts.
- Ability to work closely with engineers, product managers and business leaders.
- Experience managing large scale, cross-functional initiatives using a variety of delivery methodologies (i.e. waterfall, agile, lean, scrum, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to dig into details, learn, ask questions and become the ""go to expert"" on certain concepts and topics.
- Leads highly visible multidisciplinary project teams or initiatives; provides thought leadership.
- Solves unique problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions.
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general department policies and industry guidelines.
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus.
- Minimum 9 years of professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups