At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Northwestern Mutual is looking for a hard working Network Engineer to join their Network Operations team.
WHAT'S THE ROLE?
Apply standard methodologies to support network infrastructure in an enterprise environment. Support network connectivity and internal infrastructure for our Data Centers, cloud exchanges, and 300+ field offices.
- Define goals/outcomes, timelines, planned work, and deliver completed outcomes independently or with minimal direction
- Communicate effectively with all partners, both technical and non-technical
- Anticipate customer issues and identify solutions to sophisticated problems
- Seek opportunities to improve processes and identify and implement solutions
- Provide on-site network support for the local office, and participate in on-call rotation for tier 2 support
BRING YOUR BEST! WHAT THIS ROLE NEEDS:
- 1+ years’ experience as a Network Engineer
Technical knowledge/skills in the following:
- Enterprise experience in key technologies such as routing/switching, WAN, DC networks, Applications LBs, DNS, Network Security
- Layer two and layer three routing and switching
- Configuring and deploying network switches and routers including adding VLANs and routing protocols (including TCP/IP, BGP, and Multicast)
- Support of WAN and LAN connectivity technologies (i.e. MPLS, LACP)
- Creating ACLs, TCP/IP sub-netting, and VLAN trunking
- Priority Queuing, Class of Service (CoS), and Quality of Service (QoS)
- Network monitoring solutions
- Managing DNS/DHCP/IPA
- Network automation, Python, Ansible
- Experience with ServiceNow, SolarWinds, PowerBI is a plus
- Juniper, Aruba, Arista, F5, Infoblox, Palo Alto
- BGP, MPLS, SD-WAN, Wireless
Beyond base salary, NM offers the following benefits; pension, 401k, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision, FREE lunch, annual bonus opportunity, and much more!
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups