At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company over 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
What you will do:
Oversee the internal control environment for the financial and tax accounting functions for the Northwestern Mutual Series Fund and/or separate accounts which invest the net considerations/premiums of the variable annuity contract owners and variable life policy owners. Reporting to the Head of Mutual Fund Administration or the Assistant Director Mutual Fund Administration, you will: assist in valuation of mutual funds daily; oversee the funds service providers; prepare monthly and quarterly regulatory reports; assist in maintaining book to tax differences; provide financial information including preparation of regulatory filings for the Securities and Exchange Commission, performance calculations and marketing information. Accountable for compliance with IRS, SEC and all other regulations applicable to mutual funds.
How you will do it:
- Assists in the daily valuation of the mutual funds.
- Oversees fund service providers.
- Prepare and review monthly and quarterly regulatory reports.
- Provides financial information to meet the needs of internal and external customers, including preparing regulatory filings for the Securities and Exchange Commission, performance calculations and marketing information.
- Responsible for mutual fund compliance with the IRS, SEC and all other regulators.
- Researches and engages in various projects associated with new products, new funds, new regulations, system enhancements and ad hoc requests.
- May be asked to lead small project efforts and assist on complex projects.
- Demonstrates ability to work with internal and external contacts such as information systems, investment traders, auditors, brokers, custodians and investment advisors.
- Recommends and reviews new methods to allow for added process/control improvements.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, or related field or equivalent education plus experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional accounting experience.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred.
- High degree of self motivation
- Proven ability to meet strict deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with limited guidance
- Proven superior analytical and problem solving ability
- Proven ability to retrieve and use information from accounting system and other sources
- Previous mutual fund accounting or administration experience preferred.
- A working knowledge of GAAP and tax accounting for investments.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more.
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Northwestern Mutual pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement in the salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment. At Northwestern Mutual, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Please note that the salary range listed in the posting is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups