At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Supervises the internal control environment for the financial and tax accounting functions for the Northwestern Mutual Series Fund and/or separate accounts which invest the net considerations/premiums of the variable annuity contract owners and variable life policy owners. Reporting to the Assistant Director - Mutual Fund Administration, you will: conduct final review of mutual fund daily valuation reports; prepare and review financial statements and related financial materials; assist in identification of book to tax differences and coordinate preparation of mutual fund excise and fiscal tax calculations; provide financial information including preparation of regulatory filings for the Securities and Exchange Commission, performance calculations and marketing information. Accountable for compliance with IRS, SEC and all other regulations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Execution and coordination of controls over daily valuation of mutual funds.
- Preparation and review of financial documents and related financial materials and disclosures.
- Provides financial information to meet the needs of internal and external customers, including preparing regulatory filings for the Securities and Exchange Commission, performance calculations and marketing information.
- Responsible for mutual fund compliance with the IRS, SEC and all other regulators.
- Researches and engages in various projects associated with new products, new funds, new regulations, system enhancements and ad hoc requests.
- May be asked to lead small project efforts and assist on sophisticated projects.
- Identifies book to tax differences and coordinates the preparation of the excise and fiscal tax calculations for the mutual funds.
- Demonstrates ability to work with internal and external contacts such as information systems, investment traders, auditors, brokers, custodians and investment advisors.
- Recommends and reviews new methods to allow for added process/control improvements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Three years of accounting experience
- High degree of self motivation
- Proven ability to meet strict deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with limited guidance
- Proven superior analytical and problem solving ability
- Proven ability to retrieve and utilize information from accounting system and other sources
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Previous mutual fund accounting or administration experience preferred.
- An understanding of GAAP and tax accounting for investments.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more!
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups