At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Northwestern Mutual (NM) has been helping families and businesses achieve financial security for over 161 years. Through a distinctive, whole-picture planning approach including both insurance and investments, we empower people to be financially confident. We combine the expertise of our financial professionals with a personalized digital experience and leading-edge technology to best serve our clients.
About the role:
Do you have a strong desire for quality and an appreciation and skill in manual / exploratory testing, with the capability of identifying the source of the error using various platforms and technologies? Join a team with an already-established, mature testing process as a technical, hands-on Test Engineer. Test mobile applications used directly by our financial industry clients. This role will be under the guidance of a Test Engineering Manager.
Tools we use: Jira, XRay, Xcode, Android Studio, Postman, Gitlab
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Contributing to the design of test plans and testing in ongoing sprints
- Actively engage with an agile team by driving user story analysis and feature grooming, designing and developing detailed test-cases and test scenarios
- Maintain the current Test Repository and work closely with automation team
- Develop and maintain regression testing plans
- Participate in full test development life cycle including requirements analysis and design
- Identify and troubleshoot bugs through manual exploratory testing
- Write quality bug reports and overview the bug life cycle
- Work with developers to provide additional research and debugging of issues when more information is needed to resolve problems
- Participate in discussions with Product and Development, acting as a vocal advocate for quality
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- 4+ years of Test Engineering experience
- 2+ years of professional experience as a Mobile Testing Engineer in an agile environment
- Strong analytic and debugging skills
- Detailed understanding of QA concepts, STLC, SDLC, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
- Experience with Git, Jira
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Got These? Even Better:
- Experience with backend testing and REST APIs
- Experience with Risk Analysis, Performance Testing
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups