At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
At Northwestern Mutual, we’re changing the way people think about financial planning with the scale of a Fortune 90 company. We’re redefining and disrupting the industry and changing people’s financial lives with better experiences and better technology. We believe in building inclusive, and diverse workplaces, where every voice is heard. Come help us build for the future!
As a Mobile Lead Product Manager, you’ll manage the consumer mobile technologies that empower our advisors and help our clients achieve their dreams. At Northwestern Mutual our mobile apps are a key component of our strive to build a remarkable client experience.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define and Deliver Roadmap : Accountable for defining and driving the consumer mobile roadmap and collaboration across key business partners to ensure other roadmaps are synced and not duplicative. Define and track OKRs for measure of success across multiple products and business partners.
- Gather Requirements: Accountable for capturing higher level, more sophisticated product requirements - general understanding/knowledge of products in remit. Review and validate requirements captured within team.
- Define Product Strategies, Outcomes and Solutions: Responsible for multiple medium to high complexity product strategies, outcomes and features from start to finish, with a focus features that drive adoption and engagement through positive behavioral reinforcement.
- Stakeholdering: Ability to deliver key messages, marketing and communications about products in their domain.
- Design Partnership : Partner with design to ensure cohesive future state user visions and experiences are aligned through a one-year vision with an understanding of the Design process.
- Author User Stories : Translate requirements to technical details to build and validate use cases and user stories around a product and communicate them optimally.
- Feature Prioritization: Develop and maintain prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation according to business value or return on investment.
- Data & Customer Research: Advise product decisions with both qualitative and quantitative data on our behavior and experimentation.
- Facilitates Ceremonies : Facilitate daily Standup, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- 6-8 Years of prior experience in a Product Management Role, with Agile team experience
- Behavioral Product Management with a deep understanding of human-computer interaction and behavioral psychology specific to Mobile and IoT products
- Team leadership experience preferred
- Deep knowledge and expertise with all things Mobile- encompassing both iOS and Android with both technical and user experience expertise
- Cross-functional work experience along with strong communication skills, time management, project management skills, business acumen and high self awareness/EQ.
- Knowledge Preferred: formal business analyst, engineering or testing experience, knowledge of the financial services industry, familiar with BI tools
- Research experience, influence skills, initial leadership exposure, ability to translate product requirements into technical requirements, and ability to work in ambiguity and provide solutions.
- Solves unique problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups