At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
At Northwestern Mutual our mobile apps are a key component of our drive to create a remarkable client experience. Do you have a passion for elegant architecture and engaging mobile apps? We are looking for an experienced backend developer to join our team of dedicated mobile engineers as we build the tools to help our millions of customers achieve financial security and independence.
Remote Work from Home or in the office, Minneapolis, MN
You'll work closely with the mobile engineers as well as partners in Test Engineering and other backend teams to build the services that support our mobile apps.
Our mobile development team is distributed across multiple locations including Minneapolis, NYC and Milwaukee. We offer a casual, flexible work environment which we believe is essential for our engineers to develop the most creative solutions to demanding problems. Northwestern Mutual is investing heavily in its future; our executive team understands that success will require the brightest mobile developers in the industry. Become a fundamental part of our growing team and help us shape the future.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- You have 2 or more years of experience writing highly available microservices in a production environment.
- You are an outstanding software engineer with strong CS fundamentals
- You have a demonstrated passion to grow your skills
- Experience with Unit Testing
- You are familiar with container-based development using Docker and Kubernetes on AWS
- You are a tenacious self-starter and determined problem solver
- You are a collaborative team member who cares more about proper solutions than being right
- You have excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Plus: You have experience or interest in building mobile applications
- Plus: You have experience working on Typescript, and NestJs
Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups