At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
The Messaging Infrastructure Team is looking for a talented Engineer with a desire to contribute to the DevOps practices. This is an opportunity to innovate, set priority, and establish our practice as we mature our space around next generation messaging patterns.
- Provide hands-on engineering, configuration and support for some/all of the following messaging solutions: WebSphere MQ, MuleSoft, & Kafka.
- Design and build automation to provide messaging-related self-service capabilities to our development teams.
- Develop and mature resilient, highly available messaging infrastructure designs and topologies across a multi data center configuration using CI/CD standard methodologies
- Provide occasional on-call support for enterprise messaging infrastructure.
- Contribute to a high-performing engineering team eager to deliver business value through technical messaging implementations.
- Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment practices pipelines to eliminate manual processes and ensure software design and release quality (ex: GitLab CI, Jenkins, etc.)
- Development skills using Java
- Develop Infrastructure as Code for platform capabilities and services using Terraform, Ansible, & Docker for the entire Lifecycle of application and infrastructure
- Basic understanding of the Messaging platform (IBM MQ, Active MQ, etc.)
- Experience with popular monitoring/logging technologies such as ELK, Splunk or Dynatrace
- Fast learner and self-starter. The people you will work with are incredibly kind and extremely willing to share knowledge and a helping hand, but you have to be willing to take ownership of the outlined goals and make things happen
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience 2-5 years
- 2+ years of professional IT experience with at least one OS/hosting platform (i.e. Linux, CentOS)
Good to Have
- Engineering background having developed and maintained several applications with various technologies with emphasis on building MQ/Kafka client interfaces
- Apache or Confluent Kafka integration or administration experience on distributed (Linux, Unix) OS.
- Kafka Streams
- Experience with event driven systems
- Experience with AWS and container services (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes)
- WebSphere MQ integration or administration experience on distributed (Linux, Unix)
- MuleSoft integration or administration experience on distributed (Linux, Unix) OS
- Solid understanding of networking and security concepts.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups