At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced Systems Engineer Manager with expertise in:
- Set a compelling vision for The team, measure and adapt to results through quantitative and qualitative measures of value, outcome, velocity, engagement, and satisfaction.
- Develop and grow The team through training, mentoring, and coaching in your team and across The technology organization.
- Clarify objectives and remove obstacles and barriers that prevent The team and organization from achieving results.
- Develop, implement, and promote agile / lean best practice standards including The use of tools and automation.
- Setting Standards and engineering best practices for an engineering domain.
- Active participant in setting technical roadmap and technical vision for a broad set of technology disciplines.
- Deep understanding of Windows Engineering space as it pertains to OS updates, SCCM Management, and Virtualization
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Minimum 3 years experience planning, organizing and managing activities of others as direct reports or project teams
- Experience managing engineers
- Proven experience with engineering full software development lifecycle best practices including requirement gathering, design, testing, architecture, security, compliance, implementation and support
- Prove knowledge with modern infrastructure, hybrid infrastructure, PaaS, SaaS, and specific and specialized experience in technologies within domain accountabilities
- Experience with modern engineering best practices, SLA adherence, service management, test driven development etc.
- Experience working with all or most of the following technologies: OS, Virtualization, Databases, Network OSI, various scripting languages, Identity Management systems
- Experience in integrating cloud platforms with on-prem infrastructure to enable business functionality
- Hands on experience in scripting, performance tuning, engineering development and applied architecture
- Understand base technologies required for specific domain, and more generalized industry trends, CICD, automation, and scripting
- Theoretical and logical understanding of specific domains your reports work in, and ability to articulate engineering tradeoffs across team and to senior leaders
- Ability to bring together the work of many teams and individuals into a cohesive, achievable plan that aligns with goals and deadlines
- Ability to break down complex problems into smaller, more manageable ones, and help others to do the same
- Ability to coach and mentor less experienced engineers, along with assigning stretch assignments, and develop development plans with reports
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work in Colorado or work remotely, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups