At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
We are looking for a Tech Lead skilled in Java/Spring Boot and to join us in developing the next generation in Application Processing. We are modernizing the application submission process for all risk and investment products by providing a digital application and underwriting experience for our users.
Who we are : We are a team of highly skilled and passionate Software Engineers. We all enjoy engineering and thinking outside the box to deliver innovative solutions that our users love. We embrace challenges, and deliver features through pair programming and Agile methodologies.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides technical leadership to team.
- Establishes, aggregates, and shares team standards and best practices across department.
- Mentors, guides and coaches engineers within their division for technical and leadership growth
- Recruits, hires and onboards talent within respective department, ensuring the right mix of talent within team.
- Ensures production stability, monitoring, and root cause analysis for their products.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 4-5 years of professional experience required
- 3-5+ years of experience working with modern engineering tools, languages and practices.
- 1-2 years technical leadership with or without direct reports.
- Proven track record of successfully designing and delivering significant and impactful technology solutions.
- Experience developing and leading solution delivery using agile methods.
- Capable of communicating between product, engineering, and the business.
- Ability to successfully communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences in varying forms and levels of detail.
- Leads the team to collaboration.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups