At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Incumbent is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating all operational activities of the Treasury division staff. This includes but is not limited to monitoring daily workflows, performance management, developing and providing training material, identifying procedural gaps, defining best practices for operational functions and resolving customer complaints. Additionally, oversee day to day disbursement processes, recommending efficient payment processes, evaluating bank fees, managing the bank fee budget, data reporting, participating in the oversight daily cash determination, ensuring the completion and resolution of all ACH transactions, track and report cash equivalent tracking, and researching payments (both receipts and disbursements).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide consulting and coaching to assist in the development of the staff.
- Responsible for directing the daily workflow and operations of the Treasury division.
- Oversee the daily cash determination process used to accurately meet the Company's cash needs and maximize Northwestern Mutual's return on assets.
- Responsible for adequate controls and timely delivery of investment wires to close real estate and private placement deals.
- Oversee the annual bank fee budget as well as timely reporting of anti money laundering regulatory reports.
- Manage the bank account analysis process to assure that the operating and other relationship banks are properly compensated and Northwestern Mutual does not overpay for services rendered by the banks.
- Stay abreast of industry developments for best practices to identify new opportunities to enhance the operational efficiency of the division.
- Accountable for developing, maintaining and testing the business resumption plans for the critical business functions which include: cash determination, wire transfers, manual online checks, cash reports, check receipts, and ACH transactions. Acts as a key contact for field related disasters.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or an equivalent combination of education and/or progressively responsible work experience.
- Eight or more years of progressively responsible people managerial experience, and eight or more years of banking and/or cash management experience.
- A minimum of five years of computer system administration and customer service experience.
- Proven leadership skills and a high degree of self motivation, and initiative.
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP)Understanding of Investment terminology and concepts.
Great pay package, 401K, Company sponsored retirement plan, Educational assistance, Performance based incentive pay, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Parental leave, Caregiver time off….and more!
Pay Range - Start:
Pay Range - End:
Please note that this is the standard pay structure. Positions in certain locations (such as California) may provide an increase on the standard pay structure based on the location. Please click here for additional information relating to location-based pay structures.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups