At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Northwestern Mutual (NM) has been helping families and businesses achieve financial security for over 161 years. Through a distinctive, whole-picture planning approach including both insurance and investments, we empower people to be financially confident. We combine the expertise of our financial professionals with a personalized digital experience and leading-edge technology to best serve our clients.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates the future by fostering an engaging environment and encourages accountability and development. Breaks down barriers so individuals and teams can be accountable and responsible to do their best. Aligns employees' passion to business value outcomes.
- Responsible for setting long-term goals for both products and team members. Accountable for helping teams track progress against Key Results and helps balance priorities with corporate critical initiatives.
- Understand key needs and opportunities and then propose solutions and systems to effect change.
- Proven experience in working and uplifting an organization that has large technical debt challenges.
- Ability to work in a highly integrated and shared technology ecosystem, along with multiple application partners.
- Develop and articulate a clear case for change, with desired outcomes, clear roles and decision-making
- Counsels leaders and influences without formal ownership through their advising strategy.
- Primary responsibility of this individual will be to lead people through a transformative change.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 8 years of total professional experience required
- 3 years technical leadership with or without direct reports.
- Proven track record of successfully crafting and delivering significant and impactful technology solutions.
- Experience developing and leading solution delivery using agile methods.
- Capable of communicating between product, engineering, and the business.
- Ability to successfully communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences in varying forms and levels of details.
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Highly competitive compensation that include base salary plus bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups