At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Do you love working with a great team delivering high-quality impactful products and solutions? Come join Northwestern Mutual as an Engineering Manager working in our New Business and underwriting tech team. As the manager for the team, you will lead a team of talented engineers to build out solutions on a modern, micro-services platform that is deployed to AWS. You will also be working very closely with our product managers and New Business stakeholders to align and prioritize work to deliver on one the company’s strategic priorities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- The focus of this leadership position is on delivering value, developing teams and leading change
- Clarify objectives and remove impediments & barriers that prevent the team from achieving results
- Monitor team performance and results through quantitative and qualitative measures of value, outcome, velocity, engagement, and satisfaction
- Develop and grow the team through training, mentoring, and coaching as their people leader
- Hands on development and delivery of features to supplement the team as needed
- Recruits, hires and onboards talent ensuring the right mix of talent within team
- Experience with engineering best practices to include analyzing, designing, developing, deploying and supporting software solutions and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades
- Experience working with AWS or other Cloud providers
- Experience mentoring and leading an engineering team
- Strong sense of ownership with a proven track record of successfully designing and delivering significant and impactful technology solutions
- Experience developing and leading solution delivery using agile methods
- Ability to successfully communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences in varying forms and levels of detail
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- 1-2 years technical leadership with or without direct reports
Nice to Have:
- CI/CD experience
- Familiarity with git or other source control
- Familiarity with database technologies
- Container orchestration (preferably: Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure scripting (preferably: Terraform)
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
W e are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you work or would be working in Colorado or outside of a Corporate location, please click here for information pertaining to compensation and benefits.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups