At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What’s the role?
At Northwestern Mutual (NM) we are looking for a marketer that is passionate about helping people succeed in achieving their financial goals while being a catalyst to growing Marketing’s field technology stack in order to drive growth and efficiencies across the advisor and consumer journey.
As part of the Field Marketing and Engagement team, you will push the limits of what can be done with integration and automation, transforming the Field Marketing Technology stack from a disparate set of marketing tools to a more refined, integrated set that aligns to our financial advisor workflows. You will have proven experience implementing large scale technology, crafting and managing workflows and system integrations, driving data management across teams, and using technology cross-functionally to improve SLAs, conversion rate, and ultimately revenue. Success in the role is contingent on critical thinking, hands-on execution and exceptional program management skills.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: (Listed in order of importance)
- Work with Assistant Director of Field Marketing Technologies to define and prioritize a strategic field marketing technology roadmap, in alignment with needs, opportunities and gaps
- Drive integration, consolidation, customization and personalization of Field Marketing technology and tools in support of an improved Field Experience
- Provide solutions for implementing new and enhancing/optimizing existing field marketing technologies to improve key business measures, including social media, website marketing, customized materials, email marketing and more
- Program Leadership: Independently lead concurrent programs and projects, completing components such as defining business requirements, project scope, success criteria, risks, design/development, communication and implementation plans
- Program Assessment & Growth: Proactively extends and enhances Field Marketing’s technology stack to become best-in-class in driving improved efficiency, conversion and scale
- Tech Infrastructure: Translates business needs to functional requirements and process design, and works with business leads to prioritize and plan enhancement requests
- Tech Leader Alignment: Work cross functionally and ensure alignment with technical leaders across Marketing, Web Platforms, Digital Product, Marketing Engineering, Compliance, Data to prioritize, execute and deliver key initiatives
- CRM Team Alignment: Work cross functionally with CRM team and other partners to improve and build processes for lead capture, management, scoring, assignment and optimization
- Data Team Alignment: Partners with data team to ensure data flows seamlessly within the field Marketing Ecosystem for action-ability and reporting
- Vendor/Relationship Management: Oversees and handles relationships with 3rd parties
- Subject Matter Expertise: Maintains industry knowledge on trends, best practices and new technologies to solve problems and improve the field experience. Serves as subject matter authority in marketing campaign operations standard methodologies and approach to the execution of marketing campaigns across all audiences and channels
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in marketing/communications, business or related field
- REQUIRED: 10+ years of proven experience in Marketing Operations & Marketing Technology including digital, offline and analytics
- Leadership experience in B2B2C campaign execution and operations, integrated marketing and demand generation
- Experience leading projects for large scale automation platforms and/or digital communication tools with global partners
- Track record of successfully scaling marketing technologies
- Experience with CRM, segmentation, and personalization
- Strong understanding of database structure, data hygiene, and analytics
- High knowledge and comfort level working with marketing automation/digital technology tools (Salesforce, Hearsay, segmentation, personalization, other TBD)
- Relationship Management: Ability to negotiate, influence, and build credibility and strong partnerships in matrixed organization across business functions and levels
- Critical Thinking/Analytical: Demonstrated skills in problem-solving, listening, strategic planning and thought leadership
- Adaptability: Thrives in environment of ambiguity, innovation and ongoing change with constant ability to prioritize based on outcomes; a “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- Interpersonal Skills: exceptional attention to detail, highly methodical teammate who is able to foster collaboration to drive strategies, plans, results and outcomes.
- Organizational Skills: a proactive self-starter with demonstrated superior ability to handle multiple complex projects and deadlines in fast-paced, team and independent environments
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups