At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As the IAM Manager of Directory Services, you will be accountable for a full range of management responsibilities including communication, coaching, mentoring and staff development, performance management, salary administration and staffing decisions. Participant in functional management to ensure optimum efficiency and quality by managing adherence to strategies, goals, budgets, operating policies and procedures as an NM frontline manager.
What will you do!
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for providing mentorship and escalation avenues for the business unit based on understanding the business values, goals, work processes and workflows
- Evaluating, review and approval of risk assessment and risk management strategies and processes in order to establish a foundation for appropriately managing systems and data risks
- Ensures production stability, monitoring, and root cause analysis for their products
- Provides technical leadership to team
- Establishes, aggregates, and shares team standards and best practices across department
- Mentors, guides and coaches’ engineers within their division for technical and leadership growth
- Recruits, hires and onboards talent within respective department, ensuring the right mix of talent within team
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent work experience in the IT field, with at least a portion of that time in Security related position
- 4-5 years of professional experience required
- 1-2 years technical leadership with or without direct reports
- Experience developing and leading solution delivery using agile method
- Proven track record of successfully designing and delivering significant and impactful technology solutions
- Demonstrated ability to step forward to address difficult issues
- Capable of communicating and presenting between product, engineering, and the business
- Proven ability to successfully communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences in varying forms and levels of detail
- Experience preferred with Agile methodologies/DevOps environment
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- We offer highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, 401(k), pension program
- We provide tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- We provide extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- We offer an excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups