At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
As manager, coordinates and supervises the daily activities of Contract, License and Registrations (CLR) regional teams responsible for the accurate and timely contract, license, registration, and fingerprinting of field members to ensure eligibility for sales of all products offered by the NM distribution system. Manages the day-to-day operations and drives change management efforts across the divisions. Independently and proactively identifies operational gaps and workflow issues; develops, recommends, and implements changes to policies and procedures to enhance effectiveness and operational efficiency of the business.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages multiple functions in Contract, License, and Registration divisions. Accountable for the selection, development, motivation, coaching and salary administration and evaluation of management and office staff. The staff is responsible for the accurate and timely contract, registration and licensing of field members to ensure eligibility for sales of all insurance and investment products offered by the NM distribution system. Counsels the field on all related questions and issues
- Responsible for maximum operational efficiency of division through planning, directing and coordinating the Division's service activities, analysis of field satisfaction, identifying changing service demands and maintaining departmental service standards. Drives customer service philosophy and ensures high touch customer service.
- Review and assess current contract, license, and registration processes and associated key metrics to drive continuous improvement.
- Independently leads complex business area project/support assignments and/or participates in cross-departmental projects. Project management responsibilities include leading and participating in projects to identify, design and implement process improvements that will streamline the CLR process and ensure that appropriate due diligence is being performed.
- Manages and expedites workflow in the division ensuring timely responses and completion within service goals across all regions.
- People management responsibilities supporting our people vision and employee experience, including developing and retaining a team, creating an inclusive environment, and driving high performance.
- Oversees data management/usage to ensure accuracy and mitigate risk.
- Serves as technical expert for the NMFN database system (CDM) which supports Northwestern Mutual and its subsidiaries with data for contracted, licensed, registered and fingerprinted individuals. Oversees and ensures operational data integrity with responsibility for managing data specialists. Represents CLR on enterprise projects that impact our main systems.
- Researches data issues, objectively reviews data analysis, effectively communicates findings and takes ownership to ensure that issues are addressed, and data quality is improved.
- Liaison to Enterprise Information Risk & Cybersecurity (EIRC) team for data issues, data clean-up, and data consistency. Ensures all impacts of data to other areas are considered – benefits, comp, sales reporting, etc.
- Partners with systems team engineers, product, and FIMS to coordinate implementation of system operational changes for regulatory requirements, firm policy changes, and process improvements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field, or equivalency.
- A minimum of seven years operational experience and a minimum of three years people management experience.
- Previous experience with project management skills, leading multiple projects and assignments, effectively managing process improvements and change management efforts to create operational efficiencies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and the ability to pull reports and analyze data to drive efficient solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and organizational skills are required.
- Excellent analytical, judgment and independent decision making/problem solving abilities.
- Understanding of the needs/challenges of NM's field force and experience working closely with the field on a regular basis.
This position has been classified as an Associated Person under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting and completion of required form.
Required Certifications:Non-Registered Fingerprinted - FINRA
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Flexible work schedules
Employee resource groups